This yesterday morning, Google released a pretty sizeable update to the Google Plus platform – with nothing but a quiet Google Plus update to announce the change. According to Google, they’re listening to “our” feedback and providing the updates we’ve been asking for. Those updates include:
- A new local reviews tab
- An easier interface for editing your info
- Bigger cover photos with a better aspect ratio (16×9)
Here is the release posted by Sara yesterday:
“The new photos can be up to 2120 pixels by 1192 pixels, which is a 16×9 image ratio.
We spend lots of time listening to your feedback, and today we’re launching some profile and page updates that you’ve been asking for. These include:
– A new tab for your Local reviews. In addition to your photos, +1’s and YouTube videos, there’s now a place for all your Local reviews. Highlight your favorite restaurants, or hide the tab completely via settings — it’s completely up to you.
– An easier way to edit your info. The ‘About’ tab now consists of separate cards (like Story, Places, and Links) — each with its own prominent edit link. As always: you can share specific fields with specific circles, or keep them just for you.
– Bigger cover photos, with a better aspect ratio. Cover photos are much larger than before (up to 2120px by 1192px), and they display in 16×9 when fully expanded. This way more images can be used as cover photos, and there’s more room for your selection to shine.
Everything’s rolling out gradually, so check back soon if you don’t see it yet. Once it’s live (at plus.google.com/me), let us know your thoughts in the comments! “
Here is an example of the new banner image.